Bath tap hole spacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shiny new double ended bath to fit and it comes without tap holes.

The Bath tap/mixer I have bought to fit to the bath has 3 separate posts (hot/cold/ spout) which are connected under the bath by flexi hoses.

So within reason, they could be any distance apart. But what distance "looks" right ?

Obviously, I'd like to know before drilling ;) So what do you guys in the know suggest.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depending on the look you are going for, old bath tapes were made with 7" centres. If you have individual taps, maybe, one day you might change the taps ;) So, cutting the taps with 7" centres might be a good suggested position. If you aren't changing the setup in the future, cut the spacing that is cosmetically pleasing within the size of the bath. Don't forget to put tape on bath where you are cutting fella....

The Bath tap/mixer I have bought to fit to the bath has 3 separate posts (hot/cold/ spout) which are connected under the bath by flexi hoses.

do you mean 3 seperate taps or do you mean it comes in 3 parts?

if the later then you need to assemble it and get a straight edge
when the inlet tails are level measure between the centres

Sponsored Links
The mixer has 3 separate components above the bath rim, not connected (so, 3 holes to drill).

Not looking to replace in the near future and would be restricted to a similar arrangement (3 parts).

I agree with the post "spacing that is cosmetically pleasing", but wondered what you guys have done previously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back