Spindle Lock On MacAllister Router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I bought a MacAllister Router (similar to COD127R) about 12 months ago now and have always had problems when it comes to changing the router bit.

I push in the spindle lock button and hold in down with my thumb. Meanwhile try to undo the collet with the spanner. However if the collet nut is anywhere near tight, the effect of trying to turn the collet nut with the spanner, rotates the shaft and forces the spindle lock button out.

Am I doing something daft here (i'm sure I am!). :D Should the spindle lock button lock in of its own accord or should the pressure of your thumb keep it locked down?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome wilfman :D :D :D

dont know the actual machine but i am assuming you are using in a table inverted!!!

is the thumb lock in a housing where you have easy access to the securing bolts/screws!!!

if so remove the collet nut
unscrew the housing carefully remove the thumb slide making shure to hold onto the spring empty out all the sawdust using a nail from where the slide travels to this will be well compacted stopping the the slide from moving far enought

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back