Ideal flow range for residential unvented water system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to upgrade my domestic water system from vented to unvented. Meter I think is 15mm. Incomer about 25 mtrs in length of 25mm MDPE, don't know pressure but looks good. Measured approx 12 Ltrs in 30secs from Kitchen tap. Is that adequate for 4 bed 3 bathroom house.

Thanks in anticipation of positive reply.

Sponsored Links
Ideally you will need a minimum of 20 l/m flow and 3 Bar working/dynamic pressure.

The meter is likely to create an additional restriction but you would probably have a difficulty getting it enlarged without paying a larger standing charge.

You would be lucky if you had a 3 Bar dynamic pressure when taking 20 litres/minute.

If you ask local installers ( including Dave ) they will probably come and have a look and quote and measure the supply while there.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Had a reasonably good one today that surprised me.

4 Bar static, 3 Bar dynamic with 16 l/m. Pretty good for the area of Norwich this was in.

Dont get carried away with just one good supply!

In much of London its less than 1.5 Bar static at ground level!

Get the the second English floor and there is not much left!

Tony

You need to move. Up to 10 bar static down here. I've got a pressure reducing valve on my place to reduce the dynamic to 5 bar. Never bothered to test the flow rate as my weir gauge doesn't read high enough.

Thanks for feedback, looks positive, didn't want to initially waste time getting quotes if flow/pressure not adequate.

Thanks to all for comments, If any Norwich area authorised plummers would like to quote, let me know your contact details.

Its better that you CONTACT them through the contact details in their profile.

To enable anyone to contact you easily you should add your email address to yOUR profile.

You can measure the open pipe flow rate yourself using bucks and a second timer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back