a decent price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had some guttering issues so need the back gutter replacing, all that needs doing is cast iron down and upvc up, 7 meters length onto 1 drop pipe, due to lazy a*s people, only 1 turned up to quote, his was £190 all in, was hoping to get 3 but as he was only one who turned up im not 100% its a good price. anyone think its ok?

cheers in advance

Jef

Sponsored Links
£40/£50 for material and a couple of hours work jefoss.

roughly £150 for his efforts.

Its. Ok. if he is removing the waste.Make sure there are sufficient clips on the downpipe ie.not 3. but at least half a dozen or more and 2 fixings per bracket plugged and screwed.

Sponsored Links
maybe i wasnt clear on what materials we need, its 7 meters of guttering and what ever brackets this entails, no down pipe just the connection

average mid terrace hoose back and front 16m.
4x4m lengths 110mm marley deepflow gutter.
18 fascia brackets.
2 running outlets.
2 unions.
4 stopends.
4 offset bends.
18 rafter arms....if no fascia board.

just under £80 for that lot.
fixed price of £300.
thats cast gutters on a rosemary roof with rhone hooks.
easily 4 hrs 2 men.

at those rates i might sell my tools and buy a ladder :LOL:

:D aha..........then you have 2 mens wages tax/ni, van, equipment depreciation, public liability insurance, fuel, office, phone stationery....blah, blah..........you know where i'm coming from ;)
then of course you could get your window cleaner to hang em for you ;)

I think that's a decent price to pay.

Bear in mind that he's already expended time and money coming out to see the job.

At that price he's not allowed for scaffolding or towers so will be doing it off ladders.

To take down the old gutter he will move the ladder at least 7 or 8 times and getting the screws out of the old cast gutters can be a pig of a job at the best of times let alone when working off ladders.

And then to fix up new gutter he will move the ladder at least 9 or 10 times.

If anything he's undercharging!

average Uk wages s'pose to be 28,000 PA.
Skilled workers I pay £120 per day, x 2 + NI, Tax blah blah.
Van insurance £650 PA, wear and tear depreciation nearer £2000 PA
liability insurance £2296 PA
Fuel £400-600 month. Car Tax god knows???
etc etc etc etc etc etc.
Then if possible we try and make a profit too expand our business, shock horror...... and then someone like you lot won't pay £150 to do a job A) they expect to be great, B) can't do themselves C) is probably not worth it anyway.
You can buy my Bl**dy ladders mate, I'll even throw in the staff, van etc.

average Uk wages s'pose to be 28,000 PA.
Skilled workers I pay £120 per day, x 2 + NI, Tax blah blah.
Van insurance £650 PA, wear and tear depreciation nearer £2000 PA
liability insurance £2296 PA
Fuel £400-600 month. Car Tax god knows???
etc etc etc etc etc etc.
Then if possible we try and make a profit too expand our business, shock horror...... and then someone like you lot won't pay £150 to do a job A) they expect to be great, B) can't do themselves C) is probably not worth it anyway.
You can buy my Bl**dy ladders mate, I'll even throw in the staff, van etc.

i see in the roofing section people have no sense of humour. hence my little :LOL: that i added

i thank the guys with the input and *** to you who took me the wrong way, i am a self emplyed tiler so i know about extra costs thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back