Which Guttering??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon all,

The guttering on my home has passed its prime and following the recent frosts has shown some severe wear and tear. I'm a huge fan of solid guttering and so im looking to replace my old guttering, with a solid cast iron guttering.

Can anyone recommend any good, trustworthy and affordable suppliers?

Thanks in advance,
BigDan

Sponsored Links
Go to wickes for your guttering and use plastic.

I have done miles of the stuff, never had a problem and always in stock.

Andy

Good Afternoon all,

The guttering on my home has passed its prime and following the recent frosts has shown some severe wear and tear. I'm a huge fan of solid guttering and so im looking to replace my old guttering, with a solid cast iron guttering.

Can anyone recommend any good, trustworthy and affordable suppliers?

Thanks in advance,
BigDan
Buy it from a branch of Drain Center - cast or ali ;)

Sponsored Links
Last time i bought a length of 100mm cast it was £13.

look at the price of it now!

A bloomin fortune.

Infact i'm sure it was 4 and a half inch stuff we used...maybe they have stopped making that size now...or i'm going senile....

I get my pvc from Eurocell, with my discount i doubt anyone could beat the price and quality.

Sorry for the delay on my reply guys, muchly appreciate the comments.

My reason for going with the cast iron type is purely because it was originally on the house when I bought it, personally it would feel bad to change to plastic as it looks lovely. I've found a company near me who do it called rainguard - http://www.rainguard.co.uk/cast_iron. Has anyone ever had any contact with these before.

On the other hand, as seems as though a lot of you guys are recommending plastic, where do you recommend is the best place to compare them? Online/offline?

Thanks,
BigDan

Plastic is poor mans guttering it is easy and light to put up, but all the joints will leak in about 10 years. If you can afford cast then go with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back