Apollo Fanfare clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Apollo Fanfare which must be 20 years old or so. It seems to work 99% ok but when the timer comes on i think the gas valve clicks at random intervals for about 30 mins then settles down and works great. Its so annoying and has been doing this for a while now.

Does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
if it is the gas valve clicking, it will most likely be is the solenoid, "banging" which is where the magnet isnt quite holding the valve open, does the flame picture on the burner fluctuate when this clicking occurs?

Sponsored Links
Well I wont rule out the gas valve but the last time I had that it was the sound of the electronic ignition clicking away. Cant remember the ins and outs of it right now but I do remember a new pcb sorting it out. I'm pretty good at remembering part numbers I just checked the following which may come in useful 309S374 (402A3672)
Look out for a cheap one on ebay now. They cost a fortune if you need one in a hurry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back