Hillsborough Memorial Service

Sh*t happens. Which is not to decry it. For sure, for the families left behind, it's tragic.

But, why is it that there must always be someone to blame? Sometimes it's serendipity and nothing more. They went to a match and, through an adverse combination of circumstances, 96 never came back. They could just as easily have been killed travelling to or from the match.

I'm sure that there was no deliberate intention on the part of any plod to cause death and general mayhem; any more than there was on the part of those crowding in at the back to cause the crush at the front against the fence.

Of course there was no deliberate intention on the part of South Yorkshire police, but it was they who decided to fabricate evidence, they who decided to cover things up and they who are to blame for what happened.

The fans crowding outside had no place to go. They where there because the police ushered them into that area. If you know the layout of the ground outside the stadium you will know there is no other place for the fans to go.

The official verdict is that the deaths where 'Accidental' total rubbish and thats why the famlies and friends what justice done

Sponsored Links
Yep Tim that was the police, UEFA and the Italians fault for running away ,it had absolutly nothing to do with liverpool fans.

Snico . No matter what the police did after, during or before , It was the individual liverpool fans who wanted to get somewhere and pushed and shoved there way where there was clearly no room inside or outside the ground.
2 weeks ago at Hampden i had to wait in a crowd of about a thousand to get down a stairway that held 4 people but everyone waited there turn its called self restraint

, It was the individual liverpool fans who wanted to get somewhere and pushed and shoved there way where there was clearly no room inside or outside the ground.

Agreed! There must an awful lot of fans out there who regret being part of the gatecrashing crowd.

Sponsored Links
They did the same at the Millwall and Luton game in 85..people spilled unto the pitch becuse they were being crushed..the media loved it, the cameras turned away from the game, the following day in the papers it was a 'pitch invasion' :eek:

I was at that game, and it was truly frightening. I was 11 at the time, and my friends dad who took us was seperated from us by the police and struck with batons serveral times. My mate fell over on the pitch and had his head stamped on :eek:

One other vivid memory of that game was eventually travelling home, with pockets full of 20 pence pieces that had been thrown by 'fans' :eek:

Of course there was no deliberate intention on the part of South Yorkshire police, but it was they who decided to fabricate evidence, they who decided to cover things up and they who are to blame for what happened.

namsag snico's a cop, and he believes it was down to lack of control by the police. Those fans at the back were directed to go there and couldn't have known what was happening at the front. The late arrivals were due to motorway delays and the kick off should have been delayed, but wasn't. I believe the same thing happened at the wolves v spurs semi at the same ground a few years earlier. The difference then was that their was no fence at the front penning people in, and they could escape onto the pitch. Stick your "self restraint" comments up your arris.

And why were there fences in the first place? Because footy fans behaved themselves?

Yep Tim that was the police, UEFA and the Italians fault for running away ,it had absolutly nothing to do with liverpool fans.

Snico . No matter what the police did after, during or before , It was the individual liverpool fans who wanted to get somewhere and pushed and shoved there way where there was clearly no room inside or outside the ground.
2 weeks ago at Hampden i had to wait in a crowd of about a thousand to get down a stairway that held 4 people but everyone waited there turn its called self restraint

You really need to educate yourself on the Hillsborough Disaster.

The Liverpool fans did not have any choice, they where ushered down a small tunnel not knowing the chaos that was already happening in the Leppings Lane pen. There where 2 empty pens on both sides which could have been filled with supporters but because of a total lack of police control, and as Justice Taylor said ' a catastrophic error by the police' 96 fans died.

Then came the lies and the cover ups

Where do you expect 25000 Liverpool fans to go? if the police had done their job properly this tragedy would not have happened. It was ok the year before when they had a competant person in charge, in 1989 they had someone in charge who had never been in charge of police operation of that size.

The HFSG are trying their best to dispell this myth that Liverpool fans contributed to the disaster, people need to be educated and told the facts of what happened on that day

The root of the blame goes way back before Hillsborough and, ultimately, lies with the fans themselves: if a large proportion of so-called fans hadn't behaved over the years in the way that they did, then there wouldn't have been the need to install fences in the first place.

The root of the blame goes way back before Hillsborough and, ultimately, lies with the fans themselves: if a large proportion of so-called fans hadn't behaved over the years in the way that they did, then there wouldn't have been the need to install fences in the first place.

That maybe true, but fencing had been installed in stadia across the whole of Europe for years, it was not just in England.

Because of Hillsborough, we now have in this country the best and safest stadiums there is. That is the only good thing to come of out of the disaster

I've never understood why anyone would want to go and watch a match anyway, having to stump up an inordinate sum for a plastic seat that amkes your a*se sweat and itch, surrounded by foul-mouthed, beer-quaffing, pie-eating degenerates and missing any action as it is, when the whole lot stand up as soon as one of the pitchside primadonnas so much as looks at the opposition's goal.

Then there's the hours to get out of the ground, often being forced to walk miles out of your way, purely to keep the peace afterwards and not end up in a scrap with the opposition supporters; your guts turning turtle as a result of the rancid over-priced pies and noodles that you've stuffed down your throat to relieve the extreme ennui and general tedium over a four hour period that it's taken to watch 90 minutes of football, of which the ball is actually on the pitch and in play for no more than 48 minutes.

Sponsored Links
Back