Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si Noise after service issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a second year service by a registered engineer completed on my home's Greenstar 30si and now the boiler is making the most horrendous pneumatic drill like sound every 3 or 4 hours . It is so loud it vibrates the whole building! so I have now turned the boiler off at the mains. as I have no idea if its causing any damage to anything ? (plus the fact the neighbours can hear and feel the noise/vibration , yes its that loud!). It seems to be doing it "off load" in other words Id take a guess its the auto frost cycle cutting in? It'sl not happening on normal operation ie when a tap or heating is turned on. I'm obviously calling the engineer back but wondering what he has touched to cause this ? as it certainly did not do this before the service !

I watched him partially while working and he took the fan + manifold assembly off to get to the top of the burner which he took off to clean out. He had problems getting the ignite leads off and in doing so broke one of the leads and bent an electrode both of which he had to go and get new ones of and replaced at his own expense.

I kind of feel the fault wont happen when he is back here so would anyone know what he should be looking for ? as I don't want to be fobbed off. No lights have indicated any fault as the boiler lamp is solid blue as normal when the noise happens. So my feeling is he is put something back incorrectly or not tightend something perhaps ? Whichever way its not something you expect after a service by a professional and very worrying.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back