Could this be carbon monoxide?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just noticed a black sooty mark above our boiler. The expansion vessel and electrical circuit boards are on this side of the boiler, with the burner on the opposite side. Is this likely to be carbon monoxide, or do the walls tend to look a bit dirty around a boiler if they have been painted for a few years?

Sponsored Links
hmm, unlikely on that boiler.

they are prone to staining walls due to dust being swept up from the bits on the right side.

there is however a possibility of the inner flue duct being rotten and these boilers usually make pretty high CO readings anyway as they are ****e.

best advice would be to switch off the boiler and get it looked at. its the only way you are going to be sure.

Sponsored Links
yes it could be, ive shut a few of these down for cracks inside cylindrical heat ex/combustion area, as said ,switch off and get someone round mate.

The heat in the boiler causes a convection current that sucks up dust on the right side. giving black marks. If in doubt get it checked!

in my experience these boilers don't usually work for long enough to pose a danger to anyone. Its a safety feature that Ideal like to employ on a number of their appliances :LOL: :LOL:

in my experience these boilers don't usually work for long enough to pose a danger to anyone. Its a safety feature that Ideal like to employ on a number of their appliances :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :evil:

I am an expert on ideal response; I can accurately diagnose the problem, and give the proper solution over the phone without needing to see it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back