diesel hobs and ovens?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
saw on a program about narrowboats, a section about diesel cookers and ovens ( for use in said narrowboat ) ..

is there something available for domestic use?

could they be converted to biodiesel?
since biodiesel is basically cleaned up cooking oil, could you use that to run them? ( thinking commercial now where places have deep fryiers and throw out their old oil... )

Sponsored Links
Your probably looking more at Rayburn/Aga style ranges for burning oil.

My Rayburn is still solid fuel so cant comment on how well they would work but I dont see too much of a technical difficulty (depends on viscosity I presume)

Added bonus My Rayburn does all my cooking, heating and hot water (large 4 bedroom house) and is supplemented by a small wood burner for when it gets colder (wood from verges picked up when driving around)

Try Midland Chandlers 01785 712437

or their branches

Preston Brook nr Runcorn (trent & mersey canal)
Canal Turn Braunston nr Daventry (grand union canal)
Penkridge nr Stafford (staffordshire & worcestershire canal)

or Uxbridge boat centre uxbridge middx (grand union canal)

they're all somewhat smaller.. scaled to fit a boat rather then a full size for a kitchen etc..

I was only curious..

might be a niche market there for industrial ones for the reasons I said... less fuel costs if they use their own waste oil.. plus the environmental issues..

Sponsored Links
as I said try them they don't just supply the canalboat market! and have contacts with the manufacturers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back