Lead replace with upvc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove the lead, and replace with upvc, what would your best method to remove lead?

what would i roughly need to order upvc wise? and would i replace lead flashing, pointed into the wall, before fixing upvc?

Its dropped about 50mill

regards

fas9hs.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is that a single sheet of lead?

If you have face brickwork below the lead sheet then there is no need for any other 'decoration'. You will still need a stepped lead flashing at the roof-dormer wall abutment though.

Single yes, not looked behind, was told it may be ply behind, will have to look and see

cheers

Was told, its best to single tile step flashing, rarther then 1 peice all the way up?

Be best to cut and remove in sections mabye?

Looking at the length of the flashing run you will get away with a two piece flashing. You may be able to carefully remove the lead so that you can re-use it for the abutment flashing.

By the looks of it you have double roman concrete interlocking tiles or similar. In this instance there is no need for singular tile soakers. Your best bet is for a two piece (single lap of at least 150mm) stepped flashing that laps horizontally over at least one hump on the tile profile (similar to what you have already).

Sponsored Links
Cheers, any ideas on the upvc i need? if its not brick behind, i have a feeling its not.

I lot down the st are starting to drop! must have been the style

The back is tunge n groove timber

So how would i fix lead, after the 2 or 3 tiles only need fixing to the wall?

Would i just place on, and the upvc would cover?

Leave tounge n groove on, and attach upve to, or with battons, cheers

The lead flashing could be turned up the t&g prior to fixing the plastic, then fix the new plasic clad so that it laps onto the lead up-stand, covering the join.

cheers, in front of lead or behind? need to get on this job soon, any idea on fixing upvc to do this sort of thing, looked all over the web, cant find alot,

i need a rough idea what i need, and a plan to fix,

Fit the lead 1st, then fit the pvc cladding over the top of the lead, so any water runs off the pvc and onto the lead and down the roof.

CHEERS, but do i fit the lead behing the t n g? if not how do i fix to timber, and do the upvc pins go through lead ? cheers

Lead off, i cut single soakers, just need to get the upvc now, then fix any tips

soakers to fix on, does the bottom starter strip go first fix with ? and the side, place cadding, then add top strip

repoint first the brickwork

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back