Skoda Octavia - Indicator repeaters set into wing mirrors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1.9 Tdi skoda Octavia, recently the bulb in the off side wing mirror failed. I have been to my skoda dealership and they want a silly price to replace it. I can buy the part for £20, it's the bottom section of the mirror body with a neon bulb set in it, but cant figure out how to take the old one out. Does the mirror glass come out or do I have to remove the whole mirror assembly from the door.
Can anybody help?

Regards

Alwyn

Sponsored Links
Hi, you do not have to remove the complete mirror, it has to be stripped down in situ on the door, you just need to gently prise the mirror glass towards you from one corner of the mirror glass, it will pop off its holder(it may take quite a bit of leverage), then the rear cover can be removed in a similar way. If you look inside the mirror housing you will see the clips. Next, the two sections of mirror housing will be held together with either 2 or 4 T10 torx screws facing downwards, (they may be hard to see through the wiring on the rear of th adjuster), take these off and you should be able to seperate and replace the light unit. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate, I thought it might be that way in but didn't wanna go at it with a screw driver till I was sure.

Cheers.

Hi alwyn just wondering if you had any trouble in replacing your repeaters in your mirror as i have the same problem in both mirrors and if you have any tips that might help

Thanks paul

Sponsored Links
to be honest I've never tried it yet. MOT test is due in August so I must get round to doing it. Watch this space and I'll do it in the next few days and let you know.

Regards

Alwyn

Hi,

Shauns info spot on. Mirror came off with a bit of pressure, 2 wires attached to mirror (Heater) pull off. Above "circle thingy" to left and right are clips which I pushed up, there is a third internal clip to the front of the assembly, but this came away with the mirror housing. 2 Torx10 screws as shaun said and the bottom bit falls away. Reassembly just as easy. Going to see if I can get part cheaper from link below and do the job proper at the weekend.

Regards

Alwyn

Having aquired the part I tried some thing. If you tilt the mirror down a bit, push with your thumb on the coloured (not black) part of the mirror housing an inch or so from the swivel point, this disengages the bottom clip and with a bit of a wiggle and push the housing slides over the mirror and off.
Warning! The part I bought is slightly wrong. Fit is ok but wiring connector not right. Check yours before buying. Mine has a push/click connector which fits behind the workings for the mirror, the one I got from Skoda has a female connector moulded into the part and requires a longer lead from the vehicle and a bulkier male end.
Check before buying, I'm off to Skoda to change mine tomorrow.

Incidently - I am always impressed by my local Skoda dealership. Are all Skoda dealers so straight forward and reasonable?

Regards

Alwyn

something fishy here, both mine have just failed, dealer reckons its not the 1st time hes seen both fail and they do fail quite frequently. I reckon skoda knows thers an issue and are keeping very quiet.
Luckily mine are being replaced uner warranty

Sponsored Links
Back