Indesit WIDL126S making such an explosive noise on spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Currently have a problem with an indesit WIDL126SUK, whilst on a fast spin cycle, it make such a loud noise, so much that neighbours door away often knock on the door to check that all is well, it feels like something is going to explode.

Does anyone know what the problem is ?

Sponsored Links
bearings gone /top weight loose ,any play in the drum

bearings gone /top weight loose ,any play in the drum

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

the drum moves quite freely when pressed from inside, not sure if this is normal.

I have checked ebay for bearing costs and its around 12 quid, is this an easy fix ?

I'm quite good with DIY so far the instructions are clear.

Thanks once more

does the inner drum not the outer one have play in it, lift the inner drum up slightly .if so bearings are shot have you checked the top weight for being loose

Sponsored Links
does the inner drum not the outer one have play in it, lift the inner drum up slightly .if so bearings are shot have you checked the top weight for being loose

hi

yes, the iner drum has some play in it, how easy is the bearing to replace and can you please point me to instructions.

thanks

remove rear panel .you will see a cross spider .that needs to come off ,8 bolts 2 in each corner and centre nut, bearings are in the centre .yoy need torx 40 bits to remove the cross piece.

Hi, my daughter had a similar problem on her Indesit, then the machine went very quiet but the drum was not moving. The inner drum is attached to the main shaft by an alloy spider, which had broken. I found a new spider on ebay, but I would also have had to renew the bearing and decided the machine wasn't worth it - bought a secondhand better quality machine on ebay for the cost of the parts. Of course you take a chance buying secondhand... good luck, anyway.

remove rear panel .you will see a cross spider .that needs to come off ,8 bolts 2 in each corner and centre nut, bearings are in the centre .yoy need torx 40 bits to remove the cross piece.

cheers for this.

so is it the spider which is faulty or just the bearings, if its just the bearings, these are quite cheap on ebay. but if its the spider, then a repair might not be worth is.

please confirm its only this which is faulty:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200312825038

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
your bearings have gone they are on the spider on the back which you can take off ,the drum surport which is attacted to the inner drum does not come out complete drum needed.the prev poster had a drum surport gone which means a new drum ,if you are good at doing it then you can knock bearings out of the spider indesit will do whole lot for 100 .00 ,includes parts and labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back