ravenheat ls80 wont fire up properly?!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys... nice site.

wandered if anyone could help me... i have a ravenheat ls80... and when ever i go to fire up the hot water or heating... it will click in .. then off.. then on .. then off... and you just continuously hear the relay clicking on and off rapidly...

my first thought was the thermistors.... and am hoping its not the pcb. was just wandering if anyone had come accross this before and could save me wasting money.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
could be a faulty central heating thermistor, I would test that first, is it going to lock out?

I would expect its a problem with the combustion control process.

You could measure the temperature sensors with the boiler cold. They should probably measure 25K. But I dont expect that will be the problem.

However, I expect that you will need a competent boiler engineer to diagnose the fault.

Tony

Doubtful it's the thermistor. Sounds like an aps/venturi (do they have a venturi??) problem. Failing that, pcb.

Sponsored Links
hi guys thanks for the feedback.

no its not going to lockout,.. it just keeps trying the process. The fact it does it on both DHW and CH leads me to think its not the thermistors myself... costly fix then :(

hmm interesting... so when on heating you think the flow switch switching between dhw and heating and causing a prob??

ill try taking the flow switch off the diverter valve see if it makes a diff,... and manually press and again see what happens. would never have thought of that ill give it a go and let you know ;)

thanks

I dont think you should bother with that.

There can be all sorts of cheap fixes for difficult ignition.

Tony

I've got the same boiler and had the same problem. Changed the thermistor in March and it pretty much cure it. It was mainly a HW prob anyway, the heating was fine. Started doing it intermittently again in last few weeks and I turned the temp control down, i.e. resulting in increased flow rate. That seems to have sorted the problem, it was as if the boiler thought there wasn't enough water going through the system to stay fired up. I guess this is a flow switch problem in future for me but at the mo it's working.
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back