how to remove day old masonry paint from upvc ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My painter has got paint around edges of window frames. What is the best way of getting it off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
New sharp scraper; old syle single edged razor blade; new Stanley knife blade.

Sponsored Links
Hold a rag soaked in really hot water over them for five minutes first...the combination of heat and damp usually soften the paint film

I dont read take a break for nothing you know!!

wont they scratch?
Not if you do it properly & it’s almost impossible to scratch glass this way. Don't scrape at it, hold your chosen implement at an oblique angle so it shaves the paint off without it digging in.

but wont it scratch the upvc if you use a stanley knife? The paint is on the frame adjacent to the masonry

Thankyou everyone for your replies

but wont it scratch the upvc if you use a stanley knife? The paint is on the frame adjacent to the masonry

Thankyou everyone for your replies
As I said NO, not if you do it right :confused: Don’t use a Stanley knife that will scratch; just use the blade almost flat against the frame as a sort of scraper; or perhaps you should try a scraper; or perhaps you should stick with the hot water soaked rag. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back