Indesit IDL 705 Dishwasher- water in bottom won't start...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Indesit IDL 705 problem:

The water didn't fully drain away after the last wash, so there is an inch or so of smelly water in the bottom and it won't start.

I've tried pulling out the filters etc. and even plungered! Switching off and on again doesn't do it either... : (

When I switch it on it beeps once as it's supposed to, but nothing happens. I'm not getting flashing error codes either apart from on one attempt to get it going that caused lights 1 & 2 to flash.

The manual doesn't explain what the flashing light error codes are, and I've been unable to find out...

I imagine if I can work out how to get it drained off it will work again, but don't know how to do this (and can't afford a call-out).

Can anyone advise? :cry:

Sponsored Links
indesit /hotpoint error codes

Led 1 Intensive
Led 2 Normal
Led 3 Eco
Led 4 Fast
Led 5 Prewash
Led 6 Delicate

3.....Overflow (water in base)-Leak from water line
4.....Solenoid valve fault -Inlet valve,connections
5.....Thermistor circuit-Thermistor c/w timer
6.....Timeout heating-NTC detached from casing
3+4.Timeout draining-Pump connections,blockage,module
4+5.Timeout filling-Tap off,Inlet valve,connections,timer,water turbine
3+5.Circulation pump not working- pump,connections,capacitor,module
3+5.Filters blocked-Mesh plate,filter or microfilter,pressure sensor
1+4.Software recognition error-Timer not programmed,wrong keypad
4+6.Heating circuit-heater,connections,module,relay
3+4.Hardware version (timer)

when the mc starts you should here the drain pump come on ,if not get a coat hanger and poke it in the holes in the filter base 3 slots at about 2 oclock , twist coat hanger round to move blockage ,if this fails you need to remove the pump underneath .

when the mc starts you should here the drain pump come on ,if not get a coat hanger and poke it in the holes in the filter base 3 slots at about 2 oclock , twist coat hanger round to move blockage ,if this fails you need to remove the pump underneath .

: ) CHEERS for that mate ^^

It's fixed! If anyone else has this problem (LED 1 & 2 flashing with the base flooded), here's exactly how I fixed it:

1) Got rid of the flashing lights either by holding down RESET for 5 seconds or by switching off at wall for a few mins.
2) Removed the bottom rack and took all the filter bits out.
3) Got all of the water out of the bottom. I used an old towel to absorb it up, wringing it out several times, and did the same with a dishcloth for the last bit. It was pretty disgusting!
4) Poured some bleach and boiling water into the hole, then after 20 minutes followed the coathanger pokey advice as above.
5) Without replacing any bits I then shut the door and set it running (on 4: Rapid 25") for about 10 - 15 seconds, just long enough to hear the pump working for a few seconds and then cancelled by holding down RESET. Some of the kettle water had drained away.
6) It may have worked at this point, but in order to avoid having to repeat Step 3 (!) I repeated Steps 4 & 5 a couple more times, skipping the bleach, and the pump started to sound pretty healthy with the kettle water draining away fine...
7) Replaced the filter array, then ran a Rapid wash twice (because of the bleach) and it worked fine thankfully, as I could see no easy way to get access to the pump!

:cool:

Dave Westy, Preston.

PS Step 8: Won't buy Indesit again as I've had a whole catalogue of trouble! They appear to be designed to create service business for their maintenance people- with the manual and website of little use. And don't get me started on those useless little side-wheels that drop off all the time!

Hope this helps people in the future.

Sponsored Links
Yep, the damn thing's broken again!

This time the error code is Light #1 flashing... Sadly not a code listed above :(

Found this elsewhere on the web though:

Hi there, HANDWASHER here again. I sorted this problem, (1st green light flashing), that meant the float cut off switch which is right at the bottom of the machine, was being activated by a water leak filling up the bottom tray where the float switch lives. Hence the water inlet valve was closed to prevent any more flooding, and green light No 1 shows NO WATER ENTERING MACHINE. The leak was due to a burst in the short black rubber hose between the main pump and the water trap under the main filter and drain assembly. £6 for a new hose cured the whole sorry mess. This fault is not mentioned in the instruction book ! To get at the relevant bits turn machine on its side and remove the bottom tray(6 screws, 3 each side.) Good luck, Indesitters.

Ominous. When someone mentions screws I break out in a sweat...

Any more ideas anyone?

PS I've switched the power off and poured in water. When I switch it on and start a cycle it drains fine, then I get a short beep followed by Light #1 flashing with the drain pump staying on permanently.

Drain pump normally stays running if the base is flooded.

Tip the machine back when it is unplugged and see if water pours out from the base (underneath the sump area)

Drain pump normally stays running if the base is flooded.

Tip the machine back when it is unplugged and see if water pours out from the base (underneath the sump area)

OK - will report back Leccy cheers. In case I can't reach you- what's the advice if water does or doesn't come out?

If water does come out you will need to remove the sides or base to look and see where the water is leaking from, pay particular attention to the circulation pump shaft seal.

Hi same issue as dave westy and followed his fix and ive fixed it!
After minths of having water sat in bottom of tray couldnt afford a person to fix it decided to go online. Couldnt understand why the lights were flashing when i tried to start washer. It just hummed and then flashed away. Comouter sez no style.
So. Drained all disgusti g water frm bottom using towels was absolutley horried. Poked around with coat hanger and then poured abiut half a kettle of water into holes and used a plunger.
Set it off. Took a moment and thought it wasnt gonna work but it did. Ive left it on intense washing away.
Gonna set it off again with bleach too later. Darnt wash plates in it yet!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back