Boiler won\\\'t light till heated up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 'traditional', not combi GlowWorm boiler (not sure of model number, sorry) and have a strange problem with the ignition of it. When switched on from cold (or via the Honeywell timer) the boiler comes to life (fan starts, etc) but no 'ticking' is heard trying to ignite. I can switch the boiler on and off, but the same happens. However, if i leave it 'on' for about 15mins, switch it off then back on again, the ticking starts, and the boiler ignites perfectly. When heated up the boiler turns its self on and off via the thermostat perfectly, but the problem comes back again when it cools down. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Kevplumb. Is the air pressure switch an expensive thing to change? Also, is the pipe cleaning something I could do myself, or at least check them to find out if they need cleaning? I have no idea about pumbing, as you may of guessed!

I really apreciate your help with this, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back