worcester cd30 - no central heating - no faults indicated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Its summer so i haven't needed to run the CH for 4 months or so. I decided to let the CH run for a bit so i called for CH, and there seems to be no hot water being pushed out to the rads. The Boiler seems to be creating the HW but it seems like its not getting to the rads.

I read the literature for the boiler, and it said that over prolonged periods of no CH use [eg SUMMER!], the boiler runs the pump for a short period so it shouldn't seize [hmm]

Things i've checked:

- Reset boiler
- Some of rads valves have been left permanently open so shouldn't have stuck [right?]
- checked and re-commissioned the wireless thermostat and receiver
- turned up heat on boiler to full
- bled some of the rads i wanted the heat to go to.

The boiler seems to be operating fine itself, pressure seems to in the correct green zone, no faults are being indicated.

HW has been running fine over summer too.

IS there anything else i can do or try - and any indication of problem?

Cheers

simpson

Sponsored Links
what wireless stat is it? its possible the boiler isn't receiving a demand for heat, hence no fault indication.

Hi there,

The wireless thermo/receiver is a

Sunvic TLX 7506 RF digital room thermo
Sunivc TLX 1206 RF receiver.

I did change the receiver unit last year as it was not talking to the boiler, but last time it showed fault codes [with red lights] to indicate a fault. This time it also isn't showing any faults.

Do you think its the digital thermo gone this time? - ie not sending a complete signal to the receiver?

At present... the wireless thermo seems to sending a signal, the receiver seems to be receiving a signal, the receiver seems to sending signal to boiler [ie it starts to power up and starts to build up pressure], the boiler is heating up, but then after a while [say 5 mins] the boiler "thinks" its done its job, then seems to power down.

thanks for listening!

Sponsored Links
ps i'll change the batterys in the thermo to see if that works [albeit it should come up a low battery icon] - which it doesn't.

I'll report back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back