What is the cheapest roof to get?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have planning permission for an agricultural building to replace the roof with new box profile sheeting and turn it into a cafe.

Someone just mentioned to me that concrete tiles might be cheaper! Is this true? Any info on how much it roughly costs per meter square for tiles vs sheeting would be much appreciated as I cant find out this on google anywhere, and although i could find some tile prices i cant find out how many tiles you would need per meter square to start with!
All the tile companies assume you knwow these things.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Concrete interlocking tiles start at approx £6 / m2.

You'll need to consider the construction though. is the building traditional construction (i.e. rafters) or steel frame (i.e. purlins). It might cost more to create a structure onto which tiles can be fixed than to install sheeting if its the latter.

For the non-trade buyer decent concrete tiles pan out at between £1 to£1.50 each. It's normally about 10 tiles to a square metre and the weight is about 50Kg per sqm. You need to add in the weight of battening, felt and any other sub-structure needed.

The Marley and Redland websites will give you precise information.

Box profile sheeting would probably be the cheapest option, as you can get it made to measure up to a certain length, it also comes doubled skinned with the foam insulation between the sheets so it is only a matter of screwing the sheets on with a screw gun.

Sponsored Links
Cheapest roof may well be a pole in each corner & a tarpaulin :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back