Lead Roofing advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a completely new lead roof done but not sure about the work and its still leaking, it is a victorian square gatehouse with a tiered limestone & lead flat roof and we have standing water which in places is over an inch deep, the roofer states this is correct and the roof shouldnot be angled so that the water runs into the fall pipe as it keeps it cool... doesnt sound right to me, roofers are members of the confederation of roofers anyone know who I can contact to check this out before I pay them.

Sponsored Links
Hi. It is not correct to have an inch of standing water. In your position contact the Lead Contractors association, they may send an expert in these matters to survey the job and make a report. There would be a fee. Or they may respond to images of the roof. Good Luck

Wow - that 'cooling' yarn is the biggest pile of horse-droppings I've heard in ages. Someone should start a new forum called "Builder's Bullsh*t". I nominate this as the flagship entry.

Sponsored Links
I think they got confused with Standing Seam and Standing water :rolleyes: Neither is on a proper lead roof ..laid by a Plumber ;) Let us respond to the images.. post them for our perusal :idea:

I think they got confused with Standing Seam and Standing water :rolleyes: Neither is on a proper lead roof ..laid by a Plumber ;)
Pardon? We'd make it out of a load of slate tiles and chimney sets anyway, 'cos that's all we can do

Aye, but we wouldn`t want to make a chimney set for one of Fred`s chimneys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back