Retaining wall

MB1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would very much appreciate advice on how best to build a concrete block wall to support a soil bank.
The wall area measures 3 meters high x 10 meterslong. I plan to to install vertical rebar surrounded by concrete inside as many blocks as possible, and horizontal rebar in concrete every 1 meter of elevation. The blocks will contain drainage tubes every 1 SqM, and I plan to backfill with stone chips. The wall will be supported by a 25cm renforced concrete foundation.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I agree with freddie, especially if it is near any structures or boundaries. To give you a rough idea though I did something similar recently (SE input taken) and used a very wide found with a lot of L shaped rebar in it. A cavity was then created around the upstand of the L by blockwork either side, plenty of mesh to join the upstands together and 12 M3 of concrete into the cavity.

The drainage is pretty key though and there are big variations depending on soil conditions. for your own piece of mind you really should get an SE.

Sponsored Links
I'll get a survey done. Thanks for your help with this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back