Shower pump install - vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does the hot water feed to the pump in the pic below which is fed by a WARIX flange need a manual vent? Is it possible to ever get an air lock?
DSC02666-1.jpg

What would happen is air did develop??

Thanks
Matt

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hijack your post. Is it an optical illusion, or does the pump elec. supply come from the same spur as the immersion?

I'm about to fit a pump myself, is it OK to share the supply?

in this pic no it don't look like it. looks like another fused switch next to the immersion.

and no its not ok.

thats the immersion flex :rolleyes: its routed in to a differrent spur unit

Sponsored Links
Guys - the pump supply is from its own fused spur but on the same wiring back to the consumer unit. i.e. the RCD at the consumer uit supplies both. Anyway nothing wrong with that, wiring is well rated? (Not that the immersion heater is EVER used)

ANyway - what about my question regarding the venting?????

Hi Stem - your drawing shows a Surrey flange.
I have fitted a WARIX flange......the submerged pipe on the WARIX feeds the top outlet.....so i know i have this right on my installation.

However Grundfos seem to think i need a manual vent fitting.....i just cant understand why if i have this flange fitted.

Regards
Matt

Sorry for the confusion, I think you looked at my last post before I edited it.

I'm not an expert on these flanges, but when I installed a power shower at home about 10 years ago, I looked into it at the time. From memory, I think the top diagram with the vent is a Warix? The bottom diagram is a Surrey which I've posted to show the difference and why the Warix usually has a manual vent.

From memory my understanding is that the Surrey is better for natural venting and so doesn't need a manual vent, but its drawback is that it cannot match the Warix for flow rate, so if you have a really powerful shower, or a pump that feeds two showers the Warix is the better.

Ok - advice from Grundfos today was to run the system with pump turned off and with cold cylinder water to try to purge any trapped air. Then run with pump on and see if it fixes the problem....we will see, but im not so confident.

@Seco - Why do you think there is a problem with having a second switched/fused spur from the immersion heater main feed?

Regards
Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back