Accounting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How does everyone do it, does everyone employ an accountant? with my business being run part time for now I'm not sure I can justify the expense with an accountant, Im considering buying a copy of Sage and will do general book keeping but does every small company have to employ an accountant at £1k a year, (based on a couple of quotes)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
been there tried it.
soon gave that idea up now my wife does them all with a bit of kicking the figures about from my uncle.

Just seems a huge expense when we'll be turning over less then £10k year 1, we'll only be working for the company weekends to start with. Is your uncle an accountant then?

no he's always been a plasterer. he's now 63
and says why should i pay someone for something i can do.

i was abit unsure at first but until i see what the accountant said i would get back and my uncle see the figures and said b*lls i'll get you so so back
so i let him kick the figures about and he did get me more and he's guess was £15 out to what i got. so i let him do them ever since.

so as you do he kicks them about in my favour and he costs me s*d all.

Sponsored Links
Do the leg work yourself of keeping your accounts then pass to an accountant to do your return. I pay £200-£250 per year for mine.

Worth that as he claims for things I would never of dreamed of.

Don't use Sage - never good value for money.
I used MOYB (Mind You Own Business) and know others here use Rapid Cash Accounting Package (excel based)

As for an accountant, get quotes and make sure the agreed annual costs (should be a fixed amount) include phone assistance etc when you have any questions ( still too many accountants works like taxi-drivers: the meter starts running the minute they pick up the phone!)

glad you said that gives me more cause not to worry then.

thought i may of been worrying about nothing.

spent to many yrs paying people when they say what they say etc
now its time to join the rest and enjoy the benefits.

glad you said that gives me more cause not to worry then.

thought i may of been worrying about nothing.

A friend of mine was bankcrupted by them for fiddling, took his house, car, and £40k in savings. You have been warned. . . .

i do agree with you dangermouse you got to be on your guard and not stupid with what you try putting through.

just seem now days the more bent you are the better off you are.

i do agree with you dangermouse you got to be on your guard and not stupid with what you try putting through.

just seem now days the more bent you are the better off you are.

I agree. Sad thing is with the govt debt the I.R are gonna be scewing us all anyway possible. From what I've heard they are under orders to show no mercy.

cheers for the tips regarding the software, the thing with sage I was thinking the semi basic package is like £70 and probably 90% of accountants use it so when it cam to picking an accountant we could just email the files over, but then I guess every accountant can use excel, I was also looking at programs which can calculate the CT600.

I did look at this

http://www.diyaccounting.co.uk/companyaccounts.htm

Has anyone every used it?

Sponsored Links
Back