central heating on when not wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the heating is coming on in some but not all radiators upstairs,when CH i turned off at the controller. i've tested the 3 way motorized valve which appears to function correctly and is a b&q MV thats less than 12 months old anyway. faulty tank?

Sponsored Links
how did you test the valve to confirm its ok. this would normally be no1 suspect.

Sponsored Links
as MickyG said.

Turn on hot water, and feel the central heating flow pipe as it comes out of the 3 way diverter. If it hot/warm, then its passing.

how did you test the valve to confirm its ok. this would normally be no1 suspect.

i got the wife to operate the switches on the controller while i monitored the valve. it functioned as it should, is it letting water past? i cant tell by feeling the pipe, its already hot

i just checked the b&q reciept, march 2008 i fitted it :rolleyes:

could it be anything else?

let the system go cold and recheck. its almost certainly the valve. Either its a carp quality valve, or you've got poor water quality in your system.

fitted a new motorized valve today, a sunvic one same as the old one. but i still have hot rads when the CH is switched off. any ideas?

I'm assuming here that the radiators only heat with the programmer set to HW and CH is off?

Are they heating with BOTH turned off?

Did you try the advice given earlier about feeling the CH pipe after the valve when HW is on???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back