radiator leaking at inlet outlet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Mo old radiator is leaking at both valves where the water comes in and out. Both valves are the screw type to either stop or allow the flow through the rad. They just have too much wear and tear.

This rad is the furthest away from the boiler and its in a horrible position, and it old, so I dont really have an issue leaving it full on and blocking the leak.

Anyone recommend a good way to seal both of the valves from leaking ? It needs to be something I can apply to a wet joint as its constantly dripping albeit very slowly.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only way to be safe is to replace both valves. Chances are that all the valves on your system that are the same age, are about to die and only held together by rust and dirt. Replace the lot.

its the last of the old radiators in the house believe it or not :)

I don't have the cash at the moment to be buying a new rad, so plugging the leak for the meantime is my preference. I'll probably replace it before Christmas .though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back