Worcester Bosch - ZWBR 7-28 HE Plus Hot Water Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My boiler is firing up to run when we run the cold water tap. The hot water system is fine, with the hot tap running and the water is hot. I recently plumbed in a upstairs bathroom and was wondering if a small amount of water hawk compound has found it way into the system and partially blocked a valve?

Any help would be appreciated as i do not want to call out bosch (150£) if i can fix it!

Thanks in advance

Haven

Sponsored Links
the title is more confusing than the question.but id say your looking at a dead leg.

Have you opened all the taps/shower valves etc. to ensure no trapped air?

Have you bled air from unused washing machine valves etc.

If you really can't find the problem, on some Greenstars you can set a slight delay in the setup parameters before the boiler recognises a genuine DHW demand.

sorry just reread.is the boiler firing up when the cold tap has been shut off.or is it firing up while tap is on constantly.

Sponsored Links
I have not bleed the new upstairs bathroom cold and hot water circuits due to the fact that i am at the first fix stage

i will go and try all the other taps round the house that have not been used (utility and garage)

Thanks

Hi again,

Just been and purged the hot water and cold taps in the garage and utility. Whilst in the garage (Boiler installed here) when i turned on the cold supply, the boiler only switches on when the tap is switched off. I could hear a click (twice) of a switch/valve?

I have re-tried the cold tap in the kitchen and when switched off the boiler appears to not start up! it would appear to be fixed!!!!

I will re-test in 30 minutes when the system has rested and is cold - i.e 15 deg c approx

Thanks once again

haven

Thanks holty,

I will go and bleed the 1st fix, but one problem, i have put a hot water feed in for a mixer shower (for the future) and placed the plaster boarding over this! i have planned for a electric cold water feed shower.... thus i have the cold water feed protruding from the wall and thus i may have 3 mtrs approx of hot water pipe with possible air in it behind the plaster boarded wall!

Any suggestion - the plaster is here at the week end, thus i can strip off the 8X4 sheet! if required

I have bleed all the pipes upstairs and it appears to have fixed the fault, will give it 15 minutes of rest to re-test the cold water tap

Thanks and fingers crossed - will post a reply

Haven

Thanks Gas Guru and Holty

it appears to be fixed..... will see in the morning

Thanks

Haven

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back