potterton combi 80 CH lockout

klc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton combi 80 which locks out whenever the CH is set to constant or due to come on on timed. The HW is fine though. Some of the quotes I've had to even look at it are ridiculous, can someone tell me the sorts of prices I should be getting so I don't get fleeced?? would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
How long before it cuts out? COuld be the pump, which you can check yourself.
I most areas you'd get someone to do a job like that for £50/hour, and an hour would normaly be plenty. Part for all boilers are £OTT though. (Puma pump' about £73 rrp iirc)

Thanks for the advice. Locks out after 10 seconds max. Had a quote for a diverter valve for £170 to supply and fit hence need for more info. Only moved in a few months ago and documents don't show any service history - would that take approx same amount of time?

It would be fairly unusual for the diverter to fail on this boiler. Other parts (eg PCB, HW flowswitch, pump, ...) are much more failure-prone.

Sponsored Links
point is pumas where a git for diverters sticking and the wax caps failling

up here anyway so it strikes me it could be the diverter stuck

klc said:
I have a potterton combi 80 which locks out whenever the CH is set to constant or due to come on on timed. The HW is fine though. Some of the quotes I've had to even look at it are ridiculous, can someone tell me the sorts of prices I should be getting so I don't get fleeced?? would be much appreciated
pumps ok as it operates in ch and hot water mode.look at ch side of pcb

As it's 20 mnths old there's not much point responding to this.

And a Combi80 can provide HW fairly happily with a dud pump due to the dual pass heat exchanger.

Its not immediately obvious to me that the diverter has failed but we would charge about £180 inc to replace the diverter in the London area.

We might be able to repair it for about £124 in most cases.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back