Replacing one hole (Mono mixer taps)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think due to constant use the nut which holds my present mono mixer taps on my kitchen sink, tends to become loose, this then causes the tap to become loose. I have bought a new mono mixer tap as I was going to replace the existing one.

I am now unsure if it's worth replacing the taps, given it's the nut that works itself loose. I did tighten the nut up earlier and the taps are pretty stable.
My question is do I have to use the same nut on new replacement that's holding the taps/fixure in place? If so, I think I'll get a refund on the new tap as it is defeating the object, if the exsisting nut once again works its way loose again.

I know what I'm trying to say :confused: lol I hope you do :)
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

It depends. If the bolt is all rusted up then you would prob need to remove/replace the tap anyway.

I'd get a set of dedicated spanners to try tightening it up. Screwfix.

Thanks Fleeting, regarding replacing with the new taps, would this mean I would have to use the existing nut to hold the tap in place? I've checked the new taps and didn't see a nut, some washers (horseshoe) of course but no nut as such.
Thanks

You should have a long brass nut with the new mono, if not take it back and get a refund. you dont use existing nut.

Tighten the one you have now properly. finger tight aint enough ;)

Sponsored Links
get one of these

MELTBA1.jpg
:idea:

If the tap is working loose put a jamb nut on it too though it is usually the bottom plate that bends and it becomes loose.
Most taps are made of cheap junk metal now. Changing them will only make it better for a while. It's the way of the world i'm afraid :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back