Off-line fence posts..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I am a intermediate/pragmatic DIYer. I need to replace two, 5x5ft featheredge fence panels destroyed by wind.
*First problem - I wish to install new 6ft high panels, can i use two 5x6ft wide STANDARD panels set on their-side?
*Second problem - The fence posts were set [in concrete!] OFF-LINE with the line of fence panels. Ie, the posts sit entirely on MY side of the fence. Can anyone recommend a way to fix the two fence panels to fence posts that sit entirely on ONE-SIDE of the fence??.. Other than building a brick wall! :)
Tks, al.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo alanlondon and welcome

may be missreading this but if its your fence all parts of the fence should be on your land
and why not buy the correct sized pannels
you will greatly weaken the fence panels if you rotate them through 90%

sorry if i have missunderstood :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

May look a bit odd too!

If you can't buy any the right dimensions its just as easy to make your own.

Sponsored Links
You could build a fence with arris rail (triangular section) and arris rail brackets. Then you get feather edge board (one thick edge, one thin edge) and nail up the boards (overlapped of course, that's why they have a thin edge). The fence then is all on the outside.

Wickes etc. do all of this. Pressure treated wood of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back