ideal isar he30 l9 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hot water suddenly gone off with the above boiler (14 months old). Gone through the fault finding and discovered the boiler pressure was 0, even though no fault code was been shown (the boiler would fire for a few seconds then cut off). Refilled the system and restarted, this is when l9 showed up. Turned off and back on, now shows three horizontal lines. Checked manual, heat exchanger won't refire until under 50c. Left to cool, restarted,fired for a few seconds, then l9. Turn off, retry and back to 3 lines. Thinking the dry heat thermistor or is it something silly? R
Moved into this house with this boiler, google reveals they are s*!te!!!!

Sponsored Links
Check it has NO air in it and vent the pump. Horizontal lines are it cooling from overheat. Check pump is running.

boiler is constantly runing, sounds like the fan??

Can I vent myself(non gas safe) or do i require the front sealed panel off?

Decorative case you can remove but not the inner combustion case. Pump is on the right, remove the screw on the front of it. Air will escape if it's in there. It's probably the pump running not the fan as it's trying to disipate the heat in the heat ex and if memory serves the fan doesn't run during the horizontal lines sequence.

Sponsored Links
bled the pump. turned boiler back on, on the display got a 5 then 0 then d (for hotwater)and burner came on for aprox 20 seconds, then went off and l9 with constant motor(def the fan blowing up the flu). turned off at wall for 30 secs, back on, still l9. used reset button, back to 3 lines and def fan. any ideas????

What pressure did you fill it to and what is it at now? Did any air come out the pump? The heat exchanger could be airlocked if so

I filled it to 1.5bar.Just before the burner cut off it went upto 2, now back at 1.5. A nominal amount of air came out (screw was only just finger tight?) then tiny amount of black water, then clear and nipped it tight. How do i vent the heat exchanged?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back