air gap/dishwasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a new dishwasher at least six months ago, all has worked just fine. But, recently water has been leaking out of the air gap on top and onto the counter top. I check everything and tightened up all connections. It is not leaking out of the gasket area but the top where the air is suppose to escape. Do I just replace the air gap every six months? sounds wrong. Or is because it is a plastic air gap? What advice can I get?

Sponsored Links
G Man,
Check the pipe that comes from the air gap to the disposal for debris build-up. The disposal may be forcing ground debris back into the tube allowing it to become partially blocked. The hole in the disposal may need to be enlarged slightly if the "knock-out" didn't come out cleanly when originally connected.

Good Luck

G Man,
I am having exactly the same problem. The dishwasher worked fine for about 2 months and all of a sudden water started flowing out the air gap. I have checked all lines and there is no blockage anywhere. Did you ever resolve the problem? Professional plumbers have told me they don't understand why I am having this problem.

MOD

please see item 17

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back