All lights flashing on Hotpoint WD420 Washer/Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been happening for weeks now. When I hit the on/off button to turn the machine on, all the lights (yes every single one - left, middle, right - 11 in all). They flash very fast for quite a long time. Once they stop, the machine operates normally.

Right now though, they won't stop flashing - they've been going for about 15 minutes so far!

Any idea what this means?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Cheers - never had a problem with it before. Can't they make PCBs last a bit longer?!!

pcb is made in china :rolleyes: i think that answers the question made for pennys sold for mega bucks they dont even last a year now. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Is there any knack to getting the front off for the control panel? I've taken out 2 screws either side of the soap tray - can't see any more, but the panel doesn't want to budge.

Anything else to know when replacing the PCB? Do I just unplug some wires and take some screws out, then replace?

Thanks again

STOP pcb is at the rear of mc down the bottom remove rear white panel pcb is in the corner note how the wires go on .

Excellent, thanks for that - saved me looking for something in the wrong place. Found it tucked away. Will confirm the results soon - thanks for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back