MicroBore Radiator fitted with T Piece

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just moved house, the previous occupants had a conservatory fitted and have had a rad fitted - the rad never seems to warm up at all which means that teh conservatory seems to be very cold, checking the plumbing the conservatory rad is fed by a T-Piece connected to the dinning room Rad. From what I can read this means that really only one or the other Radiator will heat up and it seems as if I will have to run new pipework if I want both to work - is that my only realistic option? I have played with the lockshield valves on both Rads and can't seem to find a good balance.

If I shut off the dinning room Radiator should that force all of the hotwater to goto the conservatory (the conservatory is cold but the dinning room is quite warm and I am hoping that the rooms around the dinning room will be enough to keep it all nice and warm.

Cheers for any advice

Dave

Sponsored Links
teeing off a microbore for another rad sometimes doesnt work and you are best running new pipework if you can

As the dining room/conservatory rads perform very poorly i would suggest you try and balance your system. Turn off all the rads in the house except the conservatory. Switch on heating and wait until the rad warms up, then gradually work your way around the house opening the rad valves just a little at the point closest the boiler and work your way back to the conservatory ( conservatory rad should/could be virtually fully open). Could also take a look at the pump and make sure that it is working on its highest level ( usually set at 3 depending on size of circuit)

Ideally the idea of branching of a 10mm pipe isnt a good idea as this can only carry i beleive 1.5kw of heat and depending on the pipe run/size of rad and construction/insulation of conservatory is insufficient to heat the rad to its optimum working capacity.

Sponsored Links
Teeing off microbore is not the best plan.

It should be run back to the manifold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back