Tile Paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anyone give me any advice on two subject matters?
:)
1st - i am considering renovating my bathroom which at present is fully tiled. i have read about tile paint and was possibly going to paint half the bathroom with white tile paint. Is it any good, any top tips ect would be greatly appreciated.

2nd - the other half of the bathroom i was considering putting up replacement tiles over the bath area but was looking into the possibility of tiling over the existing tiles. Is that possible and if so is the procedure the same as \\\'normal\\\' tiling, also any advice, top tips ect would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tile paint is naff. We used this as quick tidy up in a utility. Wouldn't use it again. Far to easy to chip off although it seems to have got hard with age or perhaps we are just more careful now. And yes we did follow the advice exactly. Compared with pattern tiles a plain finish is rather boring too when you have such a large area.

Tiles on top of tiles works ok, I've done this but of course there is the extra space they take up. I keyed the old tiles first with an angle grinder.

Best finish is of course stripping the old tiles. I've done this too when replacing a whole bathroom. Once started I found a bolster chisel romoved the old tiles quite quickly if rather messily :)

Thank you for your advice gained by your experience, i will take it all on board. Thanks for taken time out to respond :)

The finish on the tile paint can be a bit on the rough side. I tried it as a quick way to tidy up some kitchen tiles - within 6 months I took all the tiles down & started again (might have something to do with my choice of Pilar Box Red too!).

Sponsored Links
No need to attack old tiles with grinder! As long as the old tiles are clean you'll have no problems fixing new to old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back