part time work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I work for a company during the day. but with no over time i would like to work extra at the weekends on electrical work (which i am qualified to do).
To do this correctly i need to part p myself and insure myself. has any one done this for a part time job and was it woth it any tips

Sponsored Links
you don't need to part p yourself(what does that mean?)
If you intend to this alone, you can do it by notifying work that needs to be notified to council a fee will be charges this can vary from region to region and it sounds like some council offer discounts on work you can give certificates for(do test and report for them).
or you could join a domestic scheme provider www.competentperson.co.uk/ -
You will need public liability insurance to register with them a good knowledge of installation 17th Eds and Inspecting and testing qualification, the scheme providers do are not all the same in regards of what qualification they ask for and registration fee.
But it is sensible to have public liability ins. regardless of which way you do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back