Programmable thermostat - two temperature settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace an old dial room 'stat with a programmable one. I've just picked one up from Wickes (in the UK) for £55 but on close inspection I think it may have been a bad choice. I don't want to open it up to check the instructions inside as its a sealed pack and I want to be able to take it back if it's no good.
On the outside it says:
"Weekly programming, up to 24 time & 2 temperature settings per day"

I want to be able to set four different temps: medium in the morning, low daytime, high evening and very low nightime.
Does "2 temp settings" mean I can only have two temps, or does it mean I can only have two time periods? I don't understand the "up to 24 time" bit.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
without knowing the stat you have bought (what is it)

i imagine you have 24 time settings

and 2 temp settings i.e comfort setting 20-21 degrees

and a setback temp 10-12 degrees

these are obviously not fixed temps and can be changed

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys for your input. I've just got through to the manufacturer via Wickes (actually quite helpful on the phone - how refreshing) and yes its a One day, 2 temp unit.
[SOLVED]

Get a Honeywell CM907. It provided six temperature settings each day for seven days. You can get them new on Ebay for about £50-55.

Get a Honeywell CM907. It provided six temperature settings each day for seven days. You can get them new on Ebay for about £50-55.
Spooky! Have just got back from the plumbing supplies shop with exactly that unit!

Spooky! Have just got back from the plumbing supplies shop with exactly that unit!
Not really, my copper ball is well polished - better than the old fashioned crystal version for answering CH problems! ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back