freesat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning
just wondering could I run a coax from my sat dish to an amp/booster [6 way],then run coax,s to each room.From there could I connect a freesat box at each television point?

Sponsored Links
You will need a satellite specific booster/amp and a quattro LNB on your dish.

In a normal setup the receiver sends power to the LNB and also a signal to tell it which polarity (Horizontal or Vertical) and band (lo/high) to switch to. So with more than one receiver you will need an LNB which outputs horizontal and vertical signals, and lo and high bands, and you will need an amplifier which will decide which signal to send to each receiver.

The box you are looking for is called a multiswitch but they aren't cheap.

For up to 8 sat tuners (remember most boxes with recording functionality have two tuners in them) you can use LNBs with multiple outputs, for more than that you would have to go the quattro LNB and multiswitch route (or have multiple dishes but that's very ugly and probablly not much cheaper than the quattro LNB/multiswitch soloution)

Morning
just wondering could I run a coax from my sat dish to an amp/booster [6 way],then run coax,s to each room.From there could I connect a freesat box at each television point?
Multiswitches sounds like a complex solution for a simple home system.

Wouldn't it be easier to use 6 outputs from an an eight output LNB
like this and feed one cable direct to each room that needs a Freesat signal? Everyone can watch whichever channel they want. The remaining two outputs could be used to give two rooms an extra feed each for dual channel recording.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
well ive done a similar thing using my quad lnb,2 lines to downstairs t.v (sky +),1 to eldest boys room(free channels)and another 1 to my bedroom (free channels.

Similar here but with an octo lnb; 2 to sky hd in lounge, 2 to sky hd in kitchen, 2 to sky hd in bedroom, leaving 2 spare outputs for future use. Much easier and cheaper than a decent multi-switcher and good enough for most people (unless you live in a mansion with loads of bedrooms).

Similar here but with an octo lnb; 2 to sky hd in lounge, 2 to sky hd in kitchen, 2 to sky hd in bedroom, leaving 2 spare outputs for future use. Much easier and cheaper than a decent multi-switcher and good enough for most people (unless you live in a mansion with loads of bedrooms).
If you start wanting to put freesat on every TV (say because you lack a decent terrstrial signal) and some of your boxes are twin tuner I'd think it is quite easy to end up needing more than eight feeds even if you don't live in a mansion.

If you start wanting to put freesat on every TV (say because you lack a decent terrstrial signal) and some of your boxes are twin tuner I'd think it is quite easy to end up needing more than eight feeds even if you don't live in a mansion.
I'm guessing it'd be fine for paulpp seeing as he mentiones a 6 way amp in his opening post - giving 2 more outputs than he originally wanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back