Noob: No thermostat and unknown boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: I have no idea what model of boiler I have other than it is made by Vaillant. I've added a link to a pic. How can I find out the model? I wanted to know so that I could find the manual to see if a receiver for a wireless thermostat could be attached to it. Thinking of buying a Horstmann HRFS1 Room Thermostat

http://tinyurl.com/yab2xc8

Got a baby on the way and the temperature NEEDS to be regulated.

Please help!

//www.diynot.com/network/lsuui/albums/

Sponsored Links
you can fit that stat to this model. although you already have the integral timeclock?

you could remove the timeclock or just set it to constant and use the wireless stat.

Thanks for the swift reply. The integral timeclock is a "timeswitch 110" but it has recently died and the timer doesn't move anymore. :cry:

Even if I replaced the timeswitch 110 unit I still can't regulate the temperature, it's either on or off. There is no thermostat in the flat.

Would I just need to remove the timeswitch unit, connect the wireless receiver to the boiler and hey presto?

And any idea how I can find out the model so i can get the manual?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Not sure how easily you'll find a manual but if you can find your way to lowering the front control panel you'll find the main PCB behind.

Near where the mains power is connected to the board there should be a wire link between terminals 3 & 4. This link has to be removed and the room thermostat receiver connects to these terminals.

You can unclip that timer (small flat screwdriver in the slot to the left), fit blanking plate, and install external wireless stat if you wanted.

Thanks guys, that's priceless information. really appreciate it.

Do not buy a Horstman Prog Room stat they are a nightmare to use!!!!
The Honeywell as noted in previous reply is much more user friendly ;)

Horstman is a crap brand, siemens rev24rf or honeywell cmt927 are far better

Oh, err, by the time I read your condemnations of the Horstman I'd already bought it, other revieews weren't quite s scathing and I'm on a budget (aren't we all?)
Just set it up and it all seems to be working ok, bit fiddly but fingers crossed it'll hold out. Thanks so much for all your advice
James

The Horstmann worked for a bit but now decides that when the temperature is higher than the one I programmed it keeps the heating on so it gets hotter and hotter. Piece of c**p. Honeywell here I come.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back