Replacing Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current setup is a Worcester Junior 28i combi boiler with the heating controlled by a Horstmann HRT3 mechanical room thermostat. Ideally I would like to replace it with a programmable wireless thermostat. The wiring to the thermostat is a live, neutral & control wire going back to the boiler, there is also an earth wire but not connected. My idea was to simply replace the thermostat with the wireless receiver, I tried the Horstmann HRFS1 from Screwfix as they had them reduced to £44. The wiring setup looked the same with just the 3 wires, after wiring it up it would work but only if I had the control pad touching the receiver, spoke to Horstmann tech support only help he could offer was maybe my wifi router was interfering with it :confused: turning the router off had no effect, returned it for a replacement but pretty much the same would work but only if it was right next to each other. As it worked but had no range I can't see it was wired incorrectly.
At our previous house we had a Honeywell think the model was CM67 which worked fine. What wireless thermostats could I wire up to replace my existing thermostat with my current wiring (live-neutral-control), I am looking for the easiest solution rather than opening the boiler up to connect the receiver directly & can't see why I can't put the receiver in place of the old thermostat.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back