Gainsborough Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ceiling switch for our Gainsborough Shower unit became faulty and I have replaced it.

The shower worked on first test after replacing the ceiling switch. On subsequent tests the shower ran cold only.

After taking the front cover off the shower I have seen the small white plunger which should drop when water pressure is high enough to engage the heating element. This is currently not dropping.

I have manually pressed the plunger with a screwdriver and the shower heats up but once I turn the shower off and back on again the plunger doesn't re-engage.

I don't think there has been any change in Water pressure to stop this engaging. I don't think there is anything wrong with my wiring from the ceiling switch as when engaged it heats the shower.

I have checked in inlet pipe for blockage and build up to which there is none.

So currently im at a loss to why the dynamic water pressure is not working?

Any ideas greatly recieved :)

Sponsored Links
Would a reversed live and neutral cause such a problem ?

Please remove the shower switch and try and post a picture that shows the connections of the cables.

Or confirm the colours of the cable cores and where you have terminated them- Safely, isolation etc..

what the electric got to do with the pressure switch operating ?
the pressure switch is water controlled.

the only part that is operated by electric is the solenoid valve.
it'll either open or it won't.

what the electric got to do with the pressure switch operating ?
the pressure switch is water controlled.

the only part that is operated by electric is the solenoid valve.
it'll either open or it won't.

And I'm a plumber :rolleyes:

Sorry for making a guess post, I'll keep to posting absolute 110% knowledge based fact in future.

NB You might want to check my previous post- do you know what a queation mark is designed for ? Opps, there's another one :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I only mention the electrics as I have replaced the ceiling switch which is faulty.

Seems a strange coincidence that I replaced the ceiling switch and the water pressure device stops working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back