Viessmann oil boiler filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Viessman oil boiler with an oil filter that uses a small cartridge filter which is quickly (about 12 weeks of use) blocked by the dirty fuel we get in Cyprus. The cartridges are very difficult to get – Even Viessmann Europe doesn’t have stock. I’m thinking of changing the oil filter, all the plumbers merchants spoken to (6) have offered me is a stainless steel filter, instead of the replaceable filter. After reading about the filters these will only filter out larger particles from the fuel. Will this different type be suitable? Thanks - Doctor Keo

Sponsored Links
The gauze ones won't keep out the muck as well as the paper ones, but I think it would be a good idea to put a gauze filter in first, straight from the tank - which would also serve as a water trap,- followed by a paper filter to keep things as clean as possible.
If you can download the AGBO catalogue, they have loads of filters in there....maybe you could bulk buy from the UK?
John :)

Thanks for the swift reply - do you have a web address for AGBO? Thanks Doctor Keo

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I gave them a call . They were very helpful, I'm in the UK next week so I will call in and purchase a filter- Thanks Again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back