Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28 - good choice for a 2-bed flat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going to be renovating my flat next year, so I'm just trying to scope out and price up the main things I'll need.

From speaking to people and reading forums (fora?) like this I'm leaning towards a Vaillant combi, would the EcoTec Pro 28 be a good bet for my 2-bed flat (6 rads, electric shower)?

Also what's the main differences between the Ecotec Pro and Ecotec Plus models? I've read threads like this but I'm still non the wiser...

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
the differences are
front cover has a bottom cover on the ecotec 800's
internal filling loop on the 800's
there are other differences that i can't think of this early!!
personally for the difference in price i would go for the 831 anyday. get the 140 timeclock or the weather comp 430 as well
you won't go wrong then.

Are you keeping the electric shower?

Or are you going to change to using the combi for the HW for the shower?

You need to check the combi output versus the shower flow and also the turn-down/minimum output on the CH for just 6 rads.

Have a look at the Broag Avanta Plus 28.

A lot better boiler than the pro, with a better warranty as well.

Another bonus is you don't have to deal with Vaillant as a company ;)

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Broag Avanta Plus 28.

A lot better boiler than the pro, with a better warranty as well.

Another bonus is you don't have to deal with Vaillant as a company ;)

Hmmm, most of the posts I've read are singing the praises of Vaillant boilers... :confused:

I am planning on sticking with an electric shower, but would consider running a shower from the Combi if it was up to the job - the specs are
CH output 28kW
DHW flow rate 11.5L/min

Kev, from what I understand the differences are mainly cosmetic, it the operational ability and reliability are the same, why would you recommend paying the extra cash for a Plus / 800?

I have seen a brand new Ecotec Pro 28 for £600 (inc VAT) without a flue, is this a good price?

Cheers for the replies!

You dont need a 28kw for 6 rads a24kw is more than enough it will only do 9.5L but that is ok (all depends on water pressure ect.) some boilers will modulate down to 7kw on heating and that should be more than enough fo what you need.

The Vaillant is a cracking boiler.. The other difference apart from those stated is that the 831 has an extra NTC sensor and so gives tighter temperature control on the DHW... If you have the water supply, then I would fit a 28 over a 24 for that little bit extra flow. If you can stretch to an 831, and you have the water flow and pressure from your mains, then this would be my choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back