potterton suprima 80L. locking out and water gauge dropping.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, wonder if someone can help, i am having the same problem as most people who have this boiler, system locking out, sounds like a prob with the pcb board. would you advise getting a new one or a recon one? also the black arm on the water gauge is dropping very frequently. if i fill it up to say 2, within an hour the gauge drops back down again. in the morning when i first turn on should the gauge go up? also should it ever fall below 1? i do not seem to have any obvious leaks anywhere that i can see, any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Don't go buying a new pcb just yet.
Let system cool right down, Fill the system to about 1bar, turn on heating and watch the gauge, it will rise a bit, gradually up to as much as 2 bar, if it goes up quite quickly to 3bar+ it will dump water through the prv. this will reduce the circulation and cause the boiler to overheat thus needing a reset.
you will probably need to recharge the exp vessel (as per the FAQs) to about 1 bar, possibly need to change the prv as well

thanks for your help i will try that. i think i have a leak somewhere, possibly under the floorboards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back