Potterton suprima boiler staying on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me ?
I have a Potterton Suprima 50 boiler and for a few months now i have noticed that it keeps randomly turning itself on !
I have turned the control unit off even turning the main switch off but this doesnt seem to do anything !
I have been told that the thermostat in the garage where the boiler is situated is at fault and needs replacing . would that rectify my problem i have replaced the control unit not long ago thinking that would solve it but as of yet im still with the same problem
I would appreciate any help on this matter
Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
Your not gonna like this mate .............but theyre not good boilers ! , ask most jobbing plumbers and they,ll probably say the same - theyre expensive when things go wrong - and sadly things go wrong quite often - I know its a big expense but maybee you should think about changing out to a nice new combi. Ask on here for good reccomendations and prices.

I have turned the control unit off even turning the main switch off but this doesnt seem to do anything !
Working with main switch off so where's the power to the boiler comming from?

Get someone in to check the wiring something is obviously amiss with the wiring there.

New boiler - having a laugh arn't you twedspeed? They may be problamatic but everything is solveable BUT reading the original post there may well be NOTHING wron with the boiler at all!!

What is the FROST stat set to...The weather is cold & you say its in the garage.
It may be doing what its supposed to

Sponsored Links
Thats just what I was going to say!

You arew lucky to have a Suprima which is working!

I am sure I will get a call about at least one of them over the holiday period.

Tony

Thats just what I was going to say!

You arew lucky to have a Suprima which is working!

I am sure I will get a call about at least one of them over the holiday period.

Tony
What did I say about jobbing plumbers and suprimas ???

Dare I say it...fingers crossed , touch wood etc. etc. 5yrs no problem..What have I done. Ahhhh :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back