Valley and Gulley Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Need to pick a few brains!

The valley which sits between my house and our neighbours has sprung a leak.
Inspection of the gulley has shown us that at somepoint in the past the valley has had some work done to it in the past, likely a bit of a cheap fix.

PROBLEM:
Lead is likely split underneath, but cant be sure
Felt has been replaced at somepoint, BUT the felt does not run under the tiles on either side of the valley - SO, any water from the tiles is likely just running into the gap between the felt and tiles and through the crack in the lead and into the roof!!

Will also be replacing the 2 gulleys that feed the valley (poor condition, bodged, may as well get it all done whilst we are on!)

Anyway - My query is, had a couple of quotes for the work. Out of the 3 quotes, they have all reccomended using different things to repair / replace with!

Rhephanol FK
Sealoflex
Lead + Felt (v. costly!)

Does anyone here have any experience with the Rheph and Sealoflex types? Are these suitable for such an application?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Ben

Sponsored Links
im a big believer in lead if you get it done right in lead it wont need doing again for a very long time

Thanks for the replies.

Can understand the lead sentiment - likewise, I've always been a believer in 'proper' methods as well.

Is there anything 'Wrong' with the Sealoflex types? The guarantees offered are really very good (hence the temptation / cost trade off) - 25yrs guarantee on the work and materials.

Guess im just after a little bit of 'confidence' in the stuff as its new to me!

Sponsored Links
If you and your neighbour plan to keep both houses in the families for 100 years then go for lead ;) Otherwise have a look at www.liquidplastics.co.uk I`ve seen the stuff ( their older Decadex system ) and I`m impressed. Also, at least one of the Recommended Installers for SE is a firm I know that is good :idea:

Cheers Nige - the liquid plastics you link too looks very similar to the 'Sealoflex' system i've been reccomended to use. - Guess they are all fairly similar in nature.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back