amptec 1200 dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My amptec boiler tripped on the 31st. It's usually quite temperamental and does this on and off but this time I can't get it back on. We had tried to bleed the radiators on the 31st and since then the boiler won't come back on. The alarm was flashing on the system and somehow we have got that to stop. Now it flashes green on the call system but doesn't bring anything on and then trips again.

We are stuck with no heating or hot water and don't have a clue how to fix it. We private rent and of course can't get hold of anyone at the letting office. To make matters worse we have a 2 year old who is stuck with relatives because its far too cold to have her home. We couldn't even get hold of anyone in the yellow pages able to come out before monday!

any suggestions?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming it is fairly old, these had production problems with the pcb.

It could possibly be external, eg the pump tripping everything :confused:

I can only suggest calling an independent engineer and see if he will accept you paying him, then you claiming the cost back from your landlord/agent.

Chances are though, that no one will have the parts required anyway until next week :cry:

If the pcb has gone then get ready for a big bill!

i don't know much about the heating system but it looks like it is trying to come on but trips at the pump.

should i be asking the letting agents send out an electrician and not a plumber. a plumber has been out 4 times already.

last question...what's the pcb?

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
There are 2 PCB's on these boilers (printed circuit boards) the boiler is guarranteed for 2 years. if you go on the Amptec web site you can get the fault finding manuals which migt help. Is it the external fuse that is tripping or Internal fuse ?

checked the pressure and put it up to 1. that seemed to stop the alarm from showing on the system but it still won't go on... still trips off after trying to 'call' the heating on

we are now at the point of having came to stay with family until we can get hold of the letting agents and ask for an electrician to come out. this heating system is a total pain and pretty expensive to run into the bargain

thanks for the input everyone

It's the pcb or the o/h stat connection onto the bord. Well known issue and we change both......unfortunately the pcb's are swines to relocate once removed.......a professional job i think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back