triton electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a triton Rapide 3 which has suddenly gone awol. The water pressure is fine but when heat is turned up the water gets colder when turned down it gets hotter but pressure goes ?? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
AWOL? it's missing entirely?

it's cold outside so the water is colder..
it takes more to heat it..
turning the flow down means it stays in the can longer and gets warmer..

you need a bigger shower...

Yup - that's just what electric showers do - my guess is this is its first winter.

Sponsored Links
What manufacturer?
Mines a Triton 10.5, we have it on full and I still wouldnt say its 'hot' :evil: .

I have a triton Rapide 3 which has suddenly gone awol. The water pressure is fine but when heat is turned up the water gets colder when turned down it gets hotter but pressure goes ?? Any ideas?
If it really is missing, you need the police, not a diy forum.

I'm struggling to understand what you are saying. Please understand how an electric shower works first:

There are normally two dials.

One will have two or three settings, cold, medium and hot. This is the power setting, and turns on either one or two of the elements inside the water heater. Most people leave this on maximum all year. However, the reason for it is so that in summer, when the incoming water is warmer, the shower can operate on reduced power.

The second dial is constantly variable, and is the "comfort" temperature setting. The way this works is to vary the flow of water through the unit. The faster the water flows through, the colder it will be. Are you still with me? So if you set this dial to maximum you'll only get a trickle! On cold it will be a very powerful jet.

Inside the shower is a temperature cutout. Because the shower is fed by the mains water, which can fluctuate in pressure, it is capable of basically producing steam should the pressure dip low enough. So before it gets to harmful temperatures, it cuts out the heaters. Many showers have oversensitive cutouts, and may cutout at your comfort temp.

Mine's 10.5, we never use it on full heat, and it's fine...

Personal preference really, I have a 10.5kW electric shower in my wet room and it does the job, but on the rare occasion I venture into the main bathroom and use the pumped shower, it makes the electrically heated shower look pitiful. It's not so bad that I feel the need to walk through the house to use the shower in the main bathroom on cold mornings, though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back