Wickes Aquatronic 2 Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, need help with Wickes Aquatronic 2 shower.

I installed one and ever since have had problems with the water shutting off and the circuit breaker tripping. The temperature setting is fairly low just warm for a shower. (about 6 out of 10 for WARM selection) The model has 3 sellections: Cold, WARM and Hot) If a lower selection is made, say 4 or 5, the shower, works for longer time, but eventually shuts down. Any ideas?? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

PS: The removed (old) shower, had a similar problem, though not as bad, but was removed because limescale was suspected.

Sponsored Links
what setting is it on when it trips 1 red marker or 2 red marker ?
does it still trip if run on the blue marker ?

Hi, Thanks for coming back. The setting is always on 1 red (red 2 is too hot and trips almost straight away beyond the 3 selection out 10) On cold setting, I have not had it running too long so have not experienced a cut off.

the cold setting shouldn't trip at all.
sounds like you got a heating element fault.
try doing a resistance test on both pairs.
should read 10 - 18 ohms each.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Many thanks. I will carry out the resistance check.

By the way, when the consumer unit was first fitted, the RCD used to trip off whenever there was the slightest thunder/lightning in the area!! After a while the the RCD was changed as it was too sensitive, and has behaved well since then. Getting back to my present problem, I have another electric shower which is also tripping, (trips straight away after switching on) but only started this trend after 3 to 4 years from installation. I put this down to limescale and is presently out of use. However, I am wondering if the circuit breakers are faulty? (When a bulb blows the lighting circuit breaker trips) I have MK LN5940 (40 amps) fitted on both showers. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

Its a Wickes Aquatronic 2 Ultra rated at 8.5kW which is fitted. There is also a 9.5kw model available and the spec says 40 amp fuse for both of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back