Glow Worm 30CI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just found this forum and its seems very helpful. I have a two bedroom apartment and a glowworm 30 ci keeping us snug. The problem is that over the last 8 months the pressure has been dropping from 1 bar slowly to 0.4. I keep trying to repressure it using the blue "pipe" tap but it seems to only have a very small effect. I am by no means boiler literate but the pressure relief valve (if thats what its called) seems to drip when i try to repressure the system using the blue tap and occasionally i get get it to go up by 0.1bar and keep in functional. Logic to me seems to indicate possible a faultly pressure value as i even though the pressure is well under 1 it keeps dripping when i try to refill. Is that a likely cause or have i missed something else i should be checking. Just to clarify the pressure is the pressure of the water in the Central heating system that is being reported correct? I havent bleed the radiators in a long while would this help?

Sponsored Links
You are absolutely correct, the pressure gauge refers only to the central heating system, and it is your pressure release valve at fault. Replacing this will restore order, I'm sure.
John :)

You are absolutely correct, the pressure gauge refers only to the central heating system, and it is your pressure release valve at fault. Replacing this will restore order, I'm sure.
John :)

Thanks for the advice, do you happen to know if this is something i can do myself or should i get the pros in. im reasonably handy (or at least i think i am) but i've not done any plumbing before. That said it does seem pretty straight forward, I would assume to drain the system (somehow) or at the very least there must be a tap somewhere prior to the valve that can be closed then replace the faulty valve other wise i would get a ton of water all over the place. Then refill and repressure and see how it goes?

Sponsored Links
Im having the same problem my pressure has fallen gradually and when i try to refill it leaks from the pressure release valve there is one on ebay for £15. in he manual it says to replace it drain boiler only by isolating heating flow, return and water in then open drain valve (small black one next to refill)

Let me know how you get on as I about to attempt to change mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back