Glow worm 30ci combi boiler. Help PLEASE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a glow-worm 30ci boiler (NOT A 30ciPlus!). It is reading a pressure drop to 0.4 instead of the 1.0 it should have. However, the sticker on the front tells me to turn a blue tap under the boiler, which i cant see!

I have tried a tap that looked very similar and had water leaking out. I'm a total novice but i didnt think this was right.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
its not so much of a tap as a blue round tube like thing. middle of the boiler towards the front just after the white plastic casing of the pcb.

Remeber to turn the correct way when tring to loosen it.

I thought it was underneath on the left!

There is a zero pressure valve behind the valve which often drips a little. This is mentioned in the boiler book. Just put a dish under it when repressurising to 1.4 Bar.

Tony

The only tap i found was underneath towards the right so pretty sure that isnt the right one. And it wasn't just a drip, it was a proper stream of water.

I don't have the instrutions so am utterly confused! All the instructions i've found online are for the Plus one. Think i'll have to get someone to look at it. Thank you anyway!

Sponsored Links
tap.jpg

This is the tap i tried to turn (picture taken from the plus instruction but looks the same.) Is this right? Thanks.

Er no, that one empties the boiler :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

hang on a mo...
The blue tap thingy is on the right of centre not left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back